Congratulations on your admission to Wayne State University! Now what? Make sure you dot your "I's" and cross your "T's" with the checklist below so you're prepared for your first day of classes on campus.
- Grab a magnet and place your admission letter right in the middle of your refrigerator for all to see. We bet your family is proud!
- Test out your AccessID and password on Pipeline to make sure you can login. You''ll use Pipeline a lot while you're at school here.
- Schedule a campus tour. If you haven't seen Wayne State with your own eyes, how can you love it as much as we do?
- Apply for financial aid. The sooner you apply, the better your chance of receiving aid. Keep checking the Financial Aid tab in Pipeline to view the most up-to-date information regarding your aid.
- Consider living on campus in one of our residence halls or apartments. They include cable and Internet connections, laundry facilities and all the food you can eat (depending on what meal plan you select). Submit your application online from the Housing website.
- If you have met the eligibility requirements to attend a WSU scholarship event, look for your invitation from us in fall of your senior year.
- You must register for Orientation. Check out dates and times and pick one that works for your intended major.
- Right after you register for Orientation, schedule any placement exams you may need to take. Check the testing website for information that will determine whether or not you need to take placement exams in English, math or chemistry. If you need to take exams, schedule them at least two weeks prior to your Orientation session.
- Once you've applied for financial aid, check your snail mail for your financial aid award letter, which could include grants, scholarships, loans or work-study funding. Pay close attention to this letter and follow any instructions it gives.
- If you are starting classes in the fall semester, participate in Orientation Part II. It will get your school year off to the right start. You'll meet other students, become more familiar with campus, pick up new study skills and learn what we expect of you. It's fun; it's required.
- You can view the first step for incoming freshmen above. We hope you're just as excited to start classes at Wayne State as we are to have you here - welcome!
- Make sure your AccessID and password work properly by logging in to Pipeline. You'll use Pipeline to accept any financial aid awards, view your transfer credit evaluation and register for classes.
- Check to see if you need to take a qualifying/placement exam for English, math or chemistry. You may already have credit for these courses but double-check the testing website to make sure.
- Register for new student orientation. It's required of all entering transfer students.
- Attend your Orientation session. That's where you'll meet with advisers and register for classes.
- Don't forget to send us your updated transcripts if you decide to take some more classes at your transferring institution. We want to make sure you get credit!
International and Canadian students
We want you to follow the appropriate checklist above with an additional task - contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS). You must complete a check-in process with OISS before you start classes. They'll make sure all of your visa paperwork is complete and help you make a successful start here at Wayne State.